Monday, September 16, 2019

Sacred Sites Update--High Tor's Keeper's Area

I visited the Keepers Area of High Tor (Page 310-318 of Sacred Sites in North Star Country).  Here are a few observations:

Brush Was High. I entered from the parking area with the roundabout off of South Hill Road. 


The fields had not been mowed in some time and the weeds were very high. This made movement difficult at times, especially when I was returning and walking uphill. You never know what you get with the fields. I imagine that they provide great cover for wildlife. I found numerous bedding spots for deer.








I could not find the old gates along the road that served as a Welcome Area. They may have been removed, more likely are located above the point I entered. I had not entered the Keepers through the fields in several years.

Sadly, one of the first things I found was that a large tree had fallen on the large stone mound covering several Earth Chakras (7 if I remember correctly).



In the picture below my backpack is situated in one of the depressed areas where I believe pilgrims sat. 



The vibe was great in this area.

That was not the case in farther down as I noted in Sacred Sites. Not much change.

That is the area of the 3 standing stones marking the intersection of three ley lines, or spirit lines, as I postedTriangle of Stones & Mounds at South Hill (Hi Tor DEC Forest) in the Keepers Area


I hope to go back and explore some more soon.

No comments: