Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Climate Migration Update

I am very concerned that upstate New York and America's north overall, will see a surge in climate migrants. So much so that we will be completely inundated.

I had written an article  for the March/April issue  Life In the Finger Lakes on how people will begin to leave southern climes in favor of the north. 

 It was a followup to a blog post I did for them five years earlier.

I have several posts on Climate Migration 

It was reported today that Phoenix has seen a spike in deaths from heat strokes in recent years. In my article for Life in the Finger Lakes I noted how a CBS Sunday morning segment interviewed a woman that drove her car wearing oven mittens..

Here is a link to the article, ‘Just brutal’: Why America’s hottest city is seeing a surge in deaths


Phoenix is not along. Much of Mexico has seen a spike in temperature with Mexico City hitting its highest recorded temperature ever.  What makes this even more worrisome is that water supplies are dwindling in Mexico City and some are forecasting its aquifer will run dry some time in June.

All this means people are going to be moving north.


No comments: