Thursday, July 21, 2022

Monarch Butterflys Placed on Endangered List

Migratory Monarch Butterflies were placed on the endangered species list today. Sad. See video below.

I have had several memorable experiences with Monarch Butterflies at Clarks Gully, or South Hill, in Naples NY. One Labor Day weekend years ago while climbing South Hill on the herd path along the gully I stopped at a clearing that once had a fallen tree for years. I saw what I thought were three large orbs in the distance. Upon closer inspection I realized that they were swarms of Monarch Butterflies. INCREDIBLE.

Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me. However, I have snapped pictures of Monarch Butterflies at the gully on several occasions. Here is one, Labor Day Weekend--Four Tiered Mound, Keepers Area




No comments: