Saturday, November 7, 2020

Return To Melondy and the Appearance of Another Yellow Orb

Freaky. Almost a year to the day when I first photographed a yellow orb (Rare Photo of a Yellow Orb ) in one of my pictures while doing a survey of the Hudson Valley (Stone Structures--Hudson Valley/ Catskills Part 1 Overview) I catch another one.

Rare indeed to photograph a yellow orb..

A Big Coincidence?

I went back to Melondy Hill Thursday as a follow-up to my visit a week ago (Melondy Hill State Forest (SE Chenango County, NY), Part 1 Manitou Stones) to try and find a large triangular stone mound 15 long and 8 feet high that Don Windsor Chenango county historian talked about in his manual on stone mounds in Chenango County in NY.

I walked all around the general area that he referred to and did not see a large stone mound. I did find huge flat top boulders, which I assumed was the bedrock he referred to in his write-up.


Several of these stone slabs had Manitou Stones on them, or near them as in the photo below.



I had just photographed a Manitou Stone on top of one of these large boulders and went to investigate below the stone slab and found lots of loose stone stones surrounding the slab wondering if they were stones from a stone structure that may have fallen npart?    

The picture below shows lots of stacked stone, or a fractured section of the slab, below a hemlock tree.

It also shows a yellow orb on the upper left side of the picture.


The next shot I took at a different angle with my camera turned shows the yellow orb in almost the same exact location. Demonstrating it was not something on my camera lens that created the yellow orb.




Below is a photo of the yellow orb from last year.  Rare Photo of a Yellow Orb


In my post about the yellow orb last year I noted that many view yellow orbs as a sign, or omen, of caution or to be cautious. I now wonder if the appearance of the yellow orb was because of something else--perhaps another connection to me, or to the fact that both areas have columned stone structures.

Here are the two posts about stone columns.

Or?

German philosopher Max Weber said that we have become "disenchanted" with Nature and no longer see its Magic because of the "dis-godding" of Nature (all is God).

Seeing a yellow orb says that enchantment is still there if we believe and look hard enough.

No comments: