Sunday, August 16, 2020

Sacred Sites Survey--Danby State Forest

 Since the publication of Sacred Sites in North Star Country: Places in Greater New York State (PA,OH,NJ,CT,MA,VT,ONT) That Changed the World I have been surveying other places that have Fields of Consciousness (FOC) to add when I write a revised version.

 A few weeks back I visited Danby State Forest south of Ithaca, NY.

I have known about a few of the FOC's at Danby for some time. However, I did not include them in Sacred Sites because I was not able to find one particularly sweet spot. A place I discovered 12-14 years, but a place that has been elusive for me to find again. Particularly, since I had a fairly accurate idea of where it was. It is odd how you can find yourself misguided, or bothered, or just don't have it when you are in the woods at times; as if something was messing with you.

Below are some pictures from the FOC's near the Comfort Road/Bald Hill Road intersection.

My backpack is resting on the high point. A stacked 3 (S3) where 3 FOC's are stacked on each other.

Less that 200 yards away was the sweet spot. An S8 with an incredible vibe. While it did not have a Natural Vortex, it did have a vortex ring--picture immediately below. There was also a blind spring. Very nice.


My backpack is resting on the center of a series of 3 S10's. It is also the center of blind spring.

Below is another of the series of 3 S10's. 
Another in the series of 3 S8's.


I next went to a place I found via map dowsing that was several miles away. Map dowsing involves looking at map while holding your L-rods as if you were in the woods. I also use pictures to find places.

Below is a location near Trevor Road not far from the Finger Lakes Trail. It is a S*, the vibe was neutral to slightly positive.

What is so interesting about this picture is how the FOC seems to be in a clearing surrounded by trees. Earth healers and gemancers will tell you to look for openings surrounded by trees as possibly having an aspect of Mother Earth or where activities took place.

All in all it was another great day out in the woods with our Mother.

Blessings,

madis


No comments: