Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Sacred Sites Update--Peacemaker's Sanctuary Onondaga Lake

The deluge of rain last week overwhelmed Central New York's lakes, rivers and streams, including Onondaga Lake  and the Peacemaker's Sanctuary  The water level of the lake was as high as I have ever seen it. USGS 04240495 ONONDAGA LAKE AT LIVERPOOL NY WATER LEVEL. 

Fortunately last Thursday I hd enough sense to go to the lake and check on  the benches. The seat of the far bench was covered with water and although its legs are heavy metal it was beginning to float.

The  water had not rise enough to cover the closer bench.


I dragged both benches to higher ground. I should say that I floated and guided the far bench to higher ground.



It will probably not be until Labor Day weekend that the water levels will have subsided enough to return the benches to their normal locations.

No comments: