Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Spirit House Update, My talk to Madison County Historical

Some of you may be interested in an update, with pictures, of Spirit House in Georgetown, NY. I led an effort (2010-2011) to save and restore this once grand Spiritualist Mecca and architectural marvel. Unfortunately one of our members decided to buy it for herself. And sadly nothing has been done in 5 1/2 years since to save, or restore it. I mention this because I got some flak for using a picture of Spirit House to promote my upcoming talk on Spirituality and Reform in the Burned-over District to Madison County Historical Society on the 22nd.

You can read about it and see recent and not so recent pictures at:

Spirit House Continues to Decline, Rexie in a Huff Over the Public Use of Spirit House Pictures

No comments: